Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dreams. Ambitions. Reality

Yeap, it's been another week since. And i could say... it was quite a relaxing week. Relaxing in the sense, not so much work and enough time for play. :)

But actually, life for me isn't really exciting this way. So I'd rather i have more things to do? Well, maybe. And yet we complain about how tiring it is when we have too many things to do. Pure irony.

Anyway, i was watching 就想赖着你 today and 杨朵 said that she had always worked to survive and never was able to pursue what she really likes. She saw the lawyer's eyes flicker with excitement and light when he talks about law. It makes her want to pursue her dreams. And she will go all the way to do it. When i heard that, I was actually quite touched.

How many people can actually pursue their dreams and do something they like? Well, I can say that i didn't really realise my dream. My first ambition was a teacher. I mean i really like to teach, but I dunno where is my ability in teaching. Although i like it, i dun think i'm up to such a job. Then as the years go by, my dream is to be a DJ of my fav radio station. Becos i listen to the radio everyday since i was a kid. Probably ever since i have a memory of listening to a radio. I want to share the best music to my ears to everyone listening to the radio. I will allow no lousy music in my programme. My dream. But i dun think it will ever be a dream come true.

Anyway, it was never my dream to be a performer or musician, although i like to play the instrument and likes to perform with everybody else. It's the combine effort which i always adore and is proud of. So my next ambition is to lead a whole orchestra, to be proud of my members as i stay behind the scenes to take care of other stuff. Yet, I still didn't have the chance. I'm still waiting. The road is still long before me. I will still work for what I want. For now, i'm happy to be doing something related to my interest.

I have a friend who always complain about the job and the amount earned. I would say the complaints come from the dissatisfaction from the job. The pay is probably double of what i earn. But i nv complained abt my job. Becos i'm doing what i like and my friend is not. And if my friend is sensitive enough, things like 'i think the pay is really not very high and not enough'. I mean, look at what your friends are earning, they complained but they enjoyed it too. I guess you didn't. I look forward to the day your bond ends so you can go and do something else. (which might not pay as high as well).

I wouldn't say I want to see the light in front of my now, since I just started out. I couldn't be more ambitious than doing what I should and earning my experiences. I'm much more than happy even if i have to travel so far every day and not coming home for dinner cos of other commitments. I like what i'm doing now, including work, syco, teach and learn. Each and every thing i do, I find the satisfaction in it, and i think this is what everyone should look for. :)

No comments: