Friday, July 21, 2006

My music. my life

One day as i was having dinner be4 going for sy practice... mum asked me... what do i want to continue learning... hmm... i'm stunned... i didn't know how to ans her... i wanted to say 'both'... i think i did say that... but mum said 'no'... she asked me to choose one.. at the same time... she told me that maybe it's better for me to continue erhu... cos there are more routes to go in future...

At first i was kinda shocked at mum's ans to her own qns... last time she would have encouraged me to take up violin again... thinking that it's really the harbour of work... but i dunno when since she had changed her mind... but i really have to say that i wished i could do well on both... i mean after all they are just my hobbies right... but i have to say that i have a more direct route for erhu than for violin... i think for i violin i still need a long long way... really.. think my standard is far behind others... maybe even behind changsheng who just started learning last year... lol... too long nv play liao...

Even thou i'm quite sure i'm not going into professional musician... i'm happy to know that my family is always there to support me in the arts area... seriously... haven i mentioned that my dad even tried to get me to go study music in china or something?? sometimes it doesn't really have to come true... it's really good enough to know that they are supportive... =) Thanks daddy and mummy.. =)

I mean of cos i will consider... but i dunno... should i go back to the previous teachers for private lessons?? But he claimed me as his student still ytd!! I know that i can't afford to move another wrong step u know... moreover i'm confirm going to perform for his orchestra... and the reason why he still want us to go is becos he still regard us as his student... of cos i'm glad that our relationship has improved a lot this year as compared to last... but i seriously dun want to screw it up again... how???

That day i saw this phrase 'without music life would be a mistake'... Wow! i thought... i think it totally describes me... i think it's a cultivation from young... and i always believe that children who learn music has a better character compared to others... At least that's what i see and feel most... i've always make music part of my life... be it classical, traditional or pop... it's one of the most impt thing in my life... and that's why i want my future to be filled with it too... and that's why i'm doing arts management.. and of cos my ultimate goal is to manage a performing arts group... be it CO or SO or even... dance! And i believe... one day i'll be grateful to nus who rejected my application.. that's how i chanced upon my current option... right? if not i might not even know what i'm doing~?! And without music... where do i get my this big group of friends from~?!? i'm grateful to music.! =)

No comments: