Monday, July 11, 2011

Sydney/Melbourne 11-21 June: Part 7

Don't after The Great Ocean Road, there won't be any other things nice in the trip, continue to read on and you will know :)

More good food coming up!! HAHA

Day 8: Melbourne (SHOPPING)

It's a WHOLE LOT of walking the whole day! It's just eat and shopping and eat and shopping and eat! hahaha! And we survived all our days in Melbourne with the map below! Kept it from Day 1 in melbourne. With some places we need to go marked. Lucky thing we (I) can read the map easily.

Melbourne City Map
(Yes it's originally grey scaled)
Had our breakfast at a nearby street with all the little French cafe. Randomly chose one and sat down, too many to choose from. Ordered French toast with Apple and cinnamon. It's nice!! And some English Breakfast (tea) to go with it. More about it at the Food section! :)

So we walked all the way from our hotel to DFO (Spencer Street), shopped there for VERY LONG. And everyone of us gotten something from there I say? :))) Until we were finally all tired. That was already nearing 3pm (GMT+10) when we settled down for lunch at the cafe area. Details at the Food section below too.

Then walked to Queen Victoria Market. And alas, all the shops closed already. :( They close at 3pm on saturdays?! Okay, our own fault because we didn't check beforehand. So anyhows, we missed it. :( So we proceeded on to the next stop - Seven Seeds Cafe, before we miss the opening hours again (they closes at 5pm). Oh ya, we walked there too, several streets away. But we have got a little hard time finding the exact location. And we were doubting ourselves because everything else on the street seems closed (down) or something. But I'm glad we finally got to it. And it's a really nice cafe! Ling got her coffee beans while we just rested.

And then we walked to our next stop, again, another few streets down. To Donnini's at Lygon Street for dinner with Horng's friend. Again, it was the unit number search, we went down all the way from a single digit till 320 which was 10min away from the start. It's a street of mostly Italian restaurant. And some ice-creams. We were there kind of early so it wasn't that busy yet, but there were already quite a number of people walking and dining around.

Dinner was all right, good overall. Pastas, Pizza, Meatballs, Mashed potatoes. Photos soon. :) A little chat with her friend, whom I remember came to Sg before. I've never met him before, so I don't know why I knew and remembered that. HAHA! Very random, but I just did. Hmm, the best thing was, there were so many eyecandies there! I wonder how they all looked so pretty or handsome! Can't help but take a few more looks before we left. HAHA

After dinner was definitely dessert! HAHAHA. Walked back to nearly our hotel area, i.e. the city centre to Passionflower for ice-creams! Oh, it was definitely good! So that was ice-cream of the day! :D

So that was the end of our Melbourne part of the trip. Was a little too short I guess? Haven't gotten the chance to go to a lot of places. Well, I'm going back there the next time! :)

All rights, now for the next section!

Food
a. Brown Sugar Cafe
It's situated at the Block Place. I guess all the cafes there are quite all right because most of them seems filled. The staff are helpful and polite too. Very nice. And tada! My breakfast!

French Toast with Apple and Cinnamon
Me having my English Breakfast!
b. Ham and Cheese Croissant and Salad
My lunch, I was choosing between 2 but I gotten both in the end because I could share with the rest. We didn't really have a lot of veg during the trip so I thought caesar salad was a good choice, so I had it together with potato salad, and it was a good choice! And I had someone eating from my bowl. Haha. But they aren't cheap, really. The Croissant is 5.90AUD and the salad is 7AUD. The croissant is good anyway. So no regrets.

c. Donnini's
Horng heard it was nice and it's a must try. So we went. Indeed, it was very Italian. Haha! They did the ordering, I was kind of tired. I think I was about to doze off anytime. Oops. :P Overall it was good. I like the pizza and the mashed potato. Seems like a lot of potato that day. haha.

The shop's front logo!


d. Passionflower
Ordered 3 sundaes to share. One citrus and mango (I love it), a glutinous rice, red bean and black sesame ice cream with rice balls, and another special blue gozilla or something like that, which had green tea and black sesame ice cream with rice balls. Rice balls are good, and I liked the citrus one, it has some jelly below and fresh fruit on top. The mango ice cream is good too. :) They say some a bit sour though. haha.

Passionflower is also available in Sydney, just that we didn't go. (chose Max Brenner over it the other day)

our ice creams. :)

Photos to share


Bicycle stands and hooks inside Seven Seeds cafe, very thoughtful.
(No idea how they get bikes up to the top hook though)

Rainbow on our way to Donnini's. Nice.

Fallen leaves everywhere, topped with sunset for this one

No comments: