Thursday, July 21, 2011

Budak Pantai - Assorted Nuts

Been looking for this album for a long time. Sometimes I do hate myself for being indecisive and then regret later on.




Assorted Nuts by Budak Pantai. It's their 4th album. I've gotten their 5th album 'Nothing Also Happy' during their concert 2 years back. This album is so difficult to find! Actually, all the local bands, local musicals albums are hard to find. I finally found a copy of this at Esplanade Store. Moreover, it wasn't a brand new copy I supposed. The CD cover was a bit cracked and the disc itself slightly scratched. Erm, you might say then I shouldn't have gotten it. But it took me so long to find it, I couldn't miss the chance again. So I got it.

Anyway, I had no problem with the album being such since I will just load it once and keep the copy as a collection. And I really enjoyed the album. And I guess I will collect more of their albums because they are so awesome.

And I don't mind getting other a cappella groups albums as well. The only other one I have now is the Aka A Cappella I, which was erm, so many years ago, and never got the chance to get the rest. And rather, I don't know where else can I find them other than Esplanade and Earshot Cafe. Oh, and Sinema (Just found out). I was trying to find The Forbidden City album all the years but not anywhere. Oh well, maybe when time comes.

And if I get too poor in future, I can sell off all my OST. Yup, all original versions.

Ok. Just a little 'Nutrition Information' (part of the album booklet, haha), one of the song in it:

All Rice
Adapted and inspired (with much praise and admiration) from 'All Rise' by Blue

You always say
That you don't like what I cook
You never touch
My curry or my soup
I must confess
That I just about had enough
From this day on
Got to put this to a stop

Baby, I swear I know what you do
You feed the dog with the food I give you

And if you thought you had me fooled
I'm telling you now
This is what I gonna do (so listen)

One, no vegetable, no meat
Two, from now, you only eat All Rice
Plain Rice (2nd time: White rice)

Three, for the dog you've been feeding
You eat his dinner, no kidding!
That's right
That's right

I rest my case!


It's so hilarious they way they sing it.

Totally love the other songs as well. :)

And I will continue to listen to them and support them! :D

No comments: