Friday, September 01, 2006

A tribute to my teachers..

Since the day hasn't past yet... would like to wish all my teachers Happy Teachers Day... all who taught me in Red Swastika School (94-99), St. Anthony's Canossian Sec sch (00-03), Nanyang JC (04-05), my CO instructors and my violin teacher. Hmm... let me list a few teachers that left me with vivid memories...

I rmb my english teacher in pri 1... she punished me to stay back and finish my work during recess.. somemore she used a ruler and hit my palm... i was crying while doing the work lah... haha... but eventually i got a band 1 for my english! (only in p1 thou) =X

I rmb all my maths teachers in primary school... i only had 3 altogether for the 6 years... and all of them are very good lah... and the one that taught me in p1 actually confiscated my kor and my sticker albums one day... haha... wow.. that was how naughty i was in p1.. lol.

And i rmb han laoshi... she only taught me for 1 year.. chinese in p2. but she's the teacher-in-charge of CO... and she's really a nice lady.. gave me a lot of encouragement and chances esp. when i was in p6... :) i visited her in rss a few years back and we chatted for quite a long time... i hope i still have the courage to step into the school to visit her again cos everything is so different now.. oh man.. i do miss her a lot!

I still rmb my chinese teacher for p5 and 6.. the same person.. a strict but good teacher. i wasn't a very homework person but i never dared to not finish her work... cos she will scold and punish! But that's the way she got almost the class get A* for Chinese for PSLE. Including me! haha. then after we graduated, she transferred to another school and i think she should be retired by now...

My maths teacher for sec 1 changed for a few times be4 ms chua taught us... and she is really good... she's like the first teacher that i had a close talk to... but in sec 2 she became the internal VP and can't teach us anymore. Occasionally when i return to sch i still talk to her! :)

How about the chinese teacher that freaks me out each time she calls my name?~! And she forced me to be her chinese rep for 2 years!! NOt that i dun like chinese... but it's the teacher that is wrong... haha. My sac friends should know who i'm talking about lah.. Argh... and stop relating me and her! dotx..

I rmb my new zealander emaths teacher mr robb... he never fails to ask me if i handed in my work cos i dun usually do that on time. And becos of that.. he never fails to be surprise that i did well for my exams which i usually do.. Haha.. But he's damn zai lah... like he can calculate anything without using a calculator... anyway he already left and went back to NZ.

Another maths teacher... amaths teacher mrs heng, she is always so nice and caring... but she doesn't have a good health herself... but always smiling and helping us whenever we ask... of cos helping some of our classmates to jump grade from F9 to B3? wow.

Not forgetting my form teacher for sec 3 & 4... plus her best friend... my chem teacher... the class nv fail to make them subjects of the lesson and started gossiping there... wait.. both of them are females... but we always suspect that they like to gossip about us... so we must try to dig out something lah...

And my geog teacher... who is also strict but can be humorous too... always felt very stressed during her lessons.. but i must admit that she's really a good teacher that teaches all the skills needed.. but my end result for geog was lousy.. a 4! she was the one who waited for us to return after our syf in sec 4 to congratulate us... touched! haha.

My econs tutor in J2.. Mr bong!! nv failed to help us in our revision... doing whatever he could to help us all.. including me... bugging him only the last sem of j2... i think he's the reason if i return to ny... but each time i nv get to see him.. hopefully the next time..

My cla tutors for j2.. they are always so nice and cute... esp. xu laoshi.. he has retired as we left college..

Never forget laoshi and mr quek for starting burning the fire of passion for music in me... all the way back in p5.. i wouldn't have continued if i haven't met such great instructors then... seriously.. i thank them for who i am today in CO... :)

And my violin teacher.. for pushing me so far... i didn't really like violin-ing so much after i started learning it.. eventually i made it to the end.. and he was quite nice towards the end.. always offering me say breakfast or bringing me to concert or whatever...

Hmm.. i think that's all.. erm.. just wanna clarify... the teachers that i didn't mention.. doesn't mean i've forgotten them... just that they haven't make as great impact in my life..

Lastly.. i wanted to wish my friends happy BIRTHDAY lah.. Happy ONE DAY Belated Birthday to Jianyuan and Jocelyn tay.. and Happy Birthday to Chin Teck!! and my godma (not that she will read lah.. duh..)

I rmb this song that we sang in pri sch..
"We thank u teachers one and all
for all u've done us big and small
today we sing in praise of thee
for the love and care u always give so free..
We thank u teachers one and all
we love u most of all
we'll make this day so cheerful and gay
and let us sing a Happy Teacher's Day"!

There's another chinese song... but i can't really rmb the whole thing... think the first line is "这是小小的一朵花,里面有我们想说的话,谢谢老师谢谢你," then i forget liao.. if anyone still rmb.. come and tell me kae! heex..

No comments: