Monday, June 27, 2011

Sydney/Melbourne 11-21 June: Part 2

Just 1 day and I used like how many days to complete it? It makes me wonder if I will ever finish blogging about the trip. HAHA. Maybe I should really just cut short everything. But I already cut very short leh. o.m.g. Ok. Let's just do it lah.

Day 2:
MY BIRTHDAY! LOL


Little Surprise
I came out of my bath past midnight (GMT +10), and found Via and Ling not in the room. Horng just said they went down to buy some stuff. And I didn't think much about it. But they were actually out to try to get me a cake! like omg. In the end all the shops were actually closed and they could only get a muffin from McCafe. I was damn happy already! And it is very yummy (and big).

The Day
First stop: Sydney Fish Market. Nice place with a lot of seagulls around. HAHA. Took a tram there, coolios journey. Had great food there! (more on that later under the food section). After that waited very long for the bus to come to bring us back to city. So in the end we didn't really have enough time to shop. haha.

Second stop: The Rocks Market. By the time we get there it's like erm, almost 5pm, so most of the store are already clearing their stores. Plus it suddenly started raining. But I think some still got to buy something from there ya. Fast and accurate. haha! (Got to see some Vivid Sydney entries on The Rocks also)

Then back to Queen Victoria Building to meet my cousin for dinner. QVB is really beautiful inside. But all the shops are closed already, so there wasn't a lot of people in the building. And no, we didn't eat there.

Went for dinner and then dessert. :)

Food
a. Sydney Fish Market
Seafood there is really beyond any possible description. One of the meals we enjoyed and miss the most I guess? Throughout the trip we kept on wanting to go back there, but it was kind of out of the place and our schedule was too pack we didn't have the chance to go back again. For those who has never eaten oysters or don't dare to eat oyster, you should try to eat at least 1 there. Maybe you still start to love it. Haha. Sashimi was great too! And king prawns! *yums* Think our lunch came up to about $70 (again) but it was worth the money. Oh! and the fresh orange juice is nice too!

As seen in picture for the place. :) A must-go.
The Fresh Oysters! :D (some sashimi in the background)
Platter for 2 (more like for 4)

b. Korean Food @ Cya Cafe
Dinner was settled there for 6 of us (plus cuzzie and gf). Kimchi Hotpot, Seafood Pancake, Fried Rice Cake, Beef on Hotplate. Rice Cake was more than little spicy, other than that, all the other dishes were nice. Ended up about $14+ per person. Not bad, just that at first we thought there will be bbq. (ya, I'm a korean bbq lover). Haha! I think we were too busy eating, didn't really take any photos. :p

c. Max Brenner
Woohoo! Dessert time! We had a whooping selection of Waffle with fruits and ice cream, chocolate fondue (milk and dark), chocolate lava cake with ice cream and hot chocolate! My thick dark hot chocolate was really good! (But i think that was one of the reason for my 'over-heated' gums. haha) Thanks to cuzzie for the treat. It wasn't cheap ya. Hee! Everything was nice!! We didn't have time for ice-cream during the day and that little ice-cream also counted lah. We were told that was our Walls ice-cream, just that in Aus it's called Streets. But ya, it was still nice. :)

Hot Chocolates!
(Left to right: Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow, Thick Dark Hot Chocolate, Coconut Hot Chocolate)
Waffle with fruits and Ice-cream
Chocolate Lava Cake with Ice-cream
Fondues with fruits and marshmallows, banana loaf. Milk and Dark Chocolate

Special Note
I don't know if I should consider it as a special day. Nothing really special happened, but the fact that I am on a holiday during my birthday, it is special enough. For what I remembered, I have never been away during my birthday before. Not even with my family. For the past few years, I spent my birthday working and then watching a concert (CO concert). Birthday, to be truthful was never really special to me, because I was never taught that it was special, since it's always during school holidays. I never had friends to celebrate for me on the actually day during school days. I have to thank the concerts actually, if not for them, my friends wouldn't have celebrated for me. Haha! And again, this year I was supposed to watch a concert before my departure, until we accidentally bought air ticket for a day earlier. Haha!

I'm really thankful that during such down period for me, I have friends to stand by me like that and we don't have to even do anything special. I feel very happy just with them around. Doing silly things, fun things, just talk and laugh and walk around together. I want to be friends with these girls all my life. Thank you girls. :)
Thanks for braving the cold wind at 12midnight to get me this muffin. It's very nice! :)

It doesn't mean I have forgotten everyone else. I thank those whom remembered and bothered to leave me even just a short message. I was really happy to see them. (although it was really tiring to reply all of them, especially with the limited wifi I could get). Really thank all of my friends. *sorry if I missed out any of your wishes and didn't reply, it must be unintentional! Even if I don't like you, I will reply! Haha, ok just kidding. Hee.

Other photos I want to share


One of my favourite scene there
Caption: Take Your Position
(It seems like the last seagull flying is about to take its position on top of the empty giant umbrella. Note: all the seagulls are real)
Pelicans. They are quite cool.
Sydney Opera House
(It's the only day we saw the opera house in the day)

Stay tuned for the next entry! :D (I hope I really have the perseverance to finish blogging about the whole trip. my god)

No comments: