Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sydney/Melbourne 11-21 June: Part 3

Hi! I'm back again! Seriously I'm determined to finish blogging about it. At least before I leave for HK camp. Haha! That's like about a month away. I'm sure I can do this. Without further ado, let's continue on the journey. 

Day 3: Sydney
The Day
Wanted to visit the Taronga Zoo, but because of time and weather, we gave up the idea and went to Wild Life Park instead. Horng went before already, besides, she wanted to catch up with some sleep due to doing her thesis at night. So the 3 of us went on our own.

Although it is nothing like a zoo, there are a lot to see! We totally had our share of fun there. Looking at the cute koalas and kangas. Quite a number of reptiles. I don't like reptiles but some of them are quite amazing, especially the mega huge crocodile. And wombat, some beautiful birds, and butterflies.
Me and the oh-so-cuddly koala :)
Red Kangaroo in its sexy position to let people take photos. So smart!
We spent at least a good 2hour in there. Can't remember how long we took actually. By the time we go back to the hotel, it was already 4plus. And very hungry. We decided to try some McDonald's there. HAHA. It totally bugs me what we had for lunch that day, but I really couldn't recall a thing. I really need to be more diligent to note down things during the trip next time. (I stopped at half of day 3 this time. haha)

Then we went to The Rocks (again) for dinner with Via aunt's friend and family. It must be that the sky turning dark too early that makes the day seems ending early too. I only remember us going back to Paddy's Market again, and that's it. We are off to The Rocks. And even so, we got there slightly later than we agreed. Kind of sorry that we had to make them wait, moreover at the end of the day, they treated us that meal. They are really great hosts. :)

Had another ice cream even though we were really full already. But it was an ice cream van! So we had to try it. And so we chilled along the coast and tried to complete our Vivid Sydney at The Rocks side. Just a bit that we didn't catch.Because it was hidden behind the restaurants. Anyhows, more Sydney Opera House in different colours, fireshow, and many other cool displays. Then we went back around 10pm, just so we can try to have an earlier night. Took the train this time. First time! And I'm glad we got back safely and didn't stop at the wrong stop. haha!

Food
a. Bakers Delight and Coles Supermarket
Okay, after looking at Via's photos, I finally remembered where we went in the morning. LOL. 3 of us headed out earlier to the mall my cousin told us about the previous night, took us a while to find the correct entrance. And yes, we had very nice breakfast from Bakers Delight and also shopped in the Coles Supermaket next door. I love supermarkets. Huge ones especially (but no double levels please). Yup, we've got danish, scones, bread from the bakery. Highly recommended. :) And Dark Chocolate Kit-Kat from Coles, it comes in family break which is like a huge block with no aluminum foil or separate packaging, you just got to break them like any big bar of chocolate. It's really nice, and everyone wanted to go back and get it back to sg. Me too! :D

 The nice pastries. :)

b. Anderson's Ice Cream
Our (first) ice-cream of the day. haha! I had Bailey's with roasted crushed almonds. It's really nice! Never had that flavour in Singapore. Apparently they have more interesting ice cream flavours there than in Singapore, generally. Can't remember what the other girls had, but I'm sure they enjoyed theirs like I've enjoyed mine. :)

c. McDonald's
Tried their McNuggets. Not bad at all, in fact, better than Singapore's. Too bad they don't produce curry sauce, I would love to have my nuggets with them. Typical Singaporean yea? haha. 4 of us shared 20 pieces, which was okay, since we were going for dinner soon. Haha! The not-bad taste of Mac made us eat again a few more times through our stay, under no-choice circumstances. haha! 

d. Pancake on the Rocks @ The Rocks
They had another outlet at Darling Harbour, but I guess they were called the rocks for a reason. We ordered a few main dishes to share. Mostly not bad but the desserts were better. Nope I don't have pictures of the food. The table was a bit cramp, so I didn't want to take up a larger space with my camera. It was kept in my bag until dinner was over. Pancakes were good! Via even bought the pancake mix home. Next time make for us! :)

e. Ice-cream Van
OMG We actually ate ice-cream trice in the same day! How sinful. But anyhows, we bought because we wanted to taste how does the ice-cream van ice-cream taste like. So we got a chocolate and flakes cone with some colourful toppings I don't know what is it, probably some kind of candy - small ball-shaped, hard and crunchy. And then there's one of my favourite chocolate inside - Flakes! Nice! But I was truly bloated after that. 

Posing with the ice cream van. haha.
Our ice-cream! Flakes hidden inside the chocolate layer. 

To see the cool pictures of the Sydney Opera House, click on the following link. Photo Album :)

Till the next entry! :D

No comments: