Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First time on Pri Sch Kids Erhu.

Last fri went to help laoshi teach his pri school kids... all beginners.. Like wow! My first time and... Really difficult to control them. I almost died.

I asked them what do they know and what did they learn last week or before. They say they dunno! Best, i went over to the other erhu instructor teaching the bigger kids for syf if she knows what the beginners are learning, she doesn't know! And she said that they have been hun-ing all the while. Ok fine, she's not the one who teaches them anyway. Luckily we have a parent volunteer there to give me some hints.

First got problematic students dun want to prac, dun want to play when i say play together. I ask them why are they not playing, they either do not answer me or say that they dun know. Pengs. But there are a few nicer and clever students as well, picking up the stuff pretty quickly. Although not perfect, but the idea is there.

But the students really lack discipline. Super noisy, super dun listening, super playful. Super want to go break and super dun want to come back after break.

If he ask me to go again, I will, but have to use better tactics liao. Must make them listen, practise, and learn more things.

Then i recall myself in my schooling days, i was like super fierce and serious when i teach the younger ones. I nv had trouble making them listen to me. Or rather they are all scared of me to begin with. Ok... that was more of the primary school days. And probably some of sec school days. I was already not so fierce in sac. lol. But i dunno, very hard to be fierce nowadays leh. Maybe old liao. haha!

No comments: