Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Bye 2009!

How long have you not see a new post here? (that is if u are still come frequently like i do) HAHA!

Anyway, though 2009 was an eventful year, it was not the best. Lots of changes to life. I didn't really have a lot of posts for the year as well. Abt 100. Merely there.

2009 ended with a half-happy-half-sad note.
Happy? Why not? End of year is always the party and gathering time.
I had my super fair share of fun with my Beloved COgang, SYCO peeps and Royal Family. It was almost all i could ask for, although i hope there were more ppl i could meet up with. But well, it's all right, we still have other times to do so.

Sad! Cos i lost some of my things. wallet, job, some money during mj, some tears here and there and ya.. most importantly, my direction. The only thing i gained in the process was freedom.

Though work had not been the best, but it's at least better than nothing. I do like the company, as in the nature of the company, although I do not agree with their management style and the rigidity in such an arts company. I do not understand why an arts company has to be so business-liked and artistic reasons was to the minimum. Or at least that is what i feel. Anyway, colleagues are rather cold, there is no empathy between them. And well, that's the end anyhows.

What happened in 2009:
- First 4 months were packed with school, work, internship and syco. There wasn't much time for any other regular activities except for some small meet-ups with the regular friends. Which i was grateful for, if not the whole semester would have been boring.

- Glad to have the chance to travel with friends twice in a year: Taiwan with Qin in May and HK with Kim and Han in Dec. Must have thought that i'm rich. But ya, the 2nd trip was much more like a opening trip with my ny girls. That's why i went. Nonetheless, I enjoyed myself so much during the 2 trips. So many moments to rmb.

- Happy to have the chance to attend 2 pop concerts - JJ Lin on 28 Mar and Stefanie Sun on 11 July. The artistes are just awesome. And we should really support local talents so that they will always come back!! :)

- Other than that, attended quite a few good concerts/shows in the year. Remembering off-hand: Cats, 天冷就回来2009, Broadway Beng, Budak Pantai and some good SCO concerts.

- First time organising outings for the maternal side cousins. Which turned out to be really fun! Once to Pengerang in Feb, and once just the older girls in July. It was really fun with them. We all came from different age group and yet can really click well. Looking forward to more this year. Time to plan for some during CNY. hee. (And forget it, far from possible for the other side)

- Though not always jobless, I have been working on a temp staff basis. With 2 positions related to CO. Yea, i do like the nature of both work, i.e. CO. And i really do not mind working for either of them. But I didn't really like the idea of temp staff because there's no sense of belonging at all. And of cos, I feel that i'm being exploited for doing more than I should. And I hope that 2010 will bring better chances in getting a perm job. Well of cos, I got to be more prepared for such chances. On the side note, it is also becos the temp jobs only pays me hourly and obviously it is very little. Stop complaining if u have a stable job paying more than what i have. Esp. in front of me. I feel very worthless.

- Another good point to mention. I think i've spent sufficient time with the SYCO peeps in the year and we have had quite a few good performances together! Don't u all agree with me? From annual concert to SYF presentation to Outdoor concert to Chamber recital! I still think our tian wang and tai yang was cool and it sends chill down my spine and goosebumps up when i watch it. Touched. Really! :) Really love the SYCO peeps!

- As for my Beloveds, I am really glad we got over the year tgt again. I was happy that i was there for every single celebration you can find in the year. And I want to do the same this year. It feels happy and blessed to have friends with me for my special day every year and i hope u all feel the too! :) So be sure you are there for mine and the others as well. :D

- Started to gym in Aug. Had a good time in gym and had a good time having runs and all, to keep fit and loose some fats of cos. And proud to say, finished my first 10km run in Dec for Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon. I didn't think i would be able to do it before I really finished.

- There are some friends whom i didn't meet in 2009 at all. Was a bit disappointed cos all the plannings didn't come into action. I tried and failed. But I will try again. I don't believe that everyone would be as busy or busier than me. Com'on friends, we should really meet if not it's really hard to keep up, and it will only be worse every year. All right?

- Thanks to MOE, i started taking erhu private lessons again. After stopping lessons for 5 years, it was really a challenge to take it up again, esp. from a different teacher this time. But i didn't regret and i realised that i found back the passion in it. To excel in it. All these time I was just smoking through with what i rmb and what i thought i knew. But this is the time i really make some changes and improve to what i should have already gotten years ago. If it makes sense to u. haha.

- From the previous point, I was also granted one of my greatest wish - to get a new erhu! I was really happy when i got it. At a not-very-cheap price. My bestest gift of the year. My dad paid for it. He didn't even ask if I could get something cheaper. I really thank my parents for such supportive spirit and actions all these years.

Yup. That's all i'm able to think of. It is an eventful year, whether happy or sad. Well, Sometimes i felt that i didn't really do my best in the year. And definitely it's not one of the best years for me, cos of many reasons. And in fact, quite unlucky in my opinion. Even the good happenings didn't help me in thinking as such. But after reflecting, i'm sure we all have to move on. And well, I can only say that i'm looking forward to a better year 2010. Wash away all my unluckiness please.

Lastly, I thank all my friends who have shown me concerned in one way or the other regarding all the unhappy issues i had throughout the year. I really appreciated each and every one of you and what you have done for me. Without you guys (mostly girls), i would have been much worse than what i feel now. Let's strive together in year 2010! :)

No comments: