Wednesday, October 18, 2006

my music. my life (2)

Suddenly i just feel like going back to learn erhu... as in really going back.. to the same teacher... i dunno why.. always wanted to change... but then... dunno leh.. haha... i even thought of which day and what time i can go for lesson lor... lol... but then... i'm like so poor now... can't even feed myself... and i want to feed my erhu.. haha... and i know... i will have to pay all the fees myself lah... argh...

Like i said the other time about music... click here if u have forgotten... it's in the last paragraph... today i have another one... i took this phrase out of the SSO newsletter or something like that. 'Music is a discipline, and a mistress of order and good manners. She makes people milder and gentler, more moral and more reasonable.'- Martin Luther. This is cool isn't it... Anyway i think it's saying playing music on a musical instrument... taking the time to learn and improve.. Of cos if u have known me long enough... i'm a lover for music... and i really believe it's magic... I know of this person that was kinda ah beng... and even when he first joined co and learnt erhu... he was still playful and full of nonsense.. however, after a few years when he really like the instru and learn it wholeheartedly.. i could see the change in him... becoming a gentler person really.. But of cos it doesn't apply to everyone out there.. haha... But seriously... most of the ppl i know thru music (CO).. were usually decent... nice and helpful ppl... esp. for guys... see the difference btwn them and others.. being milder and gentler ppl.. haha.. and doesn't go ard shouting in vulgarities... But of cos there's a disclaimer here: 'This does not apply to every individual'. haha.

All these just remind me of my days in sch co... haha... rmb myself as a rather serious and fierce person... esp in the pri and sec sch years... haha... Although i'm rather patient in teaching juniors and all... but i just can't stand ill-discipline like being very noisy in combines... and obviously i'll just scold... if u ask my juniors... they probably say they were scared of me during co... but outside i could be very fun.. haha... however, when i entered nyjc... it's not that i dun care anymore.. it's just that i feel that we are all young adults already.. and we could think ourselves... and we dun need to have too rigid a system... but that does not include being quiet during combines lah... so i would still ask them to keep quiet.. haha eventually even when i go to nusco now... sometimes i will naturally shh the ppl.. haha... and i'm not even the member there. lol. cos that day some ppl were saying my sis is very fierce when she scold ppl... and she commented i was worst.. haha..

But thru music.. i've really learnt to become more patient with ppl... esp when i have to teach my juniors from the start... even if i have to repeat things over and over again... and even as a student myself.. when i can't get a part right... i'll just have to practise it over and over again too.. so i guess i've built up a patience system in me... thru playing erhu and violin. haha...

Wah... thank you. i've finished my speech.. lol...

No comments: