Tuesday, June 28, 2016

All the food for June

You know, sometimes I read my old blog posts, fb posts and twitter and wonder to myself: what the hack was I writing about? The emotions were so strong in the posts but I just can't recall what they were about. I mean.. to think about it... Sometimes I know that when I look at it in future, it will be something I will remember, plus it's about someone I can't name so openly. So if it's something I can't remember, it most probably means that it wasn't necessary for me to even have that post. haha! It's so lame. But even so, that's okay because these are public domain and one just can't be too sure that any thing like that wouldn't go viral or known to that person eventually cos the world is just so small. BUT THEN... my written diary (yes, I still keep one).. No one is going to read it, except for myself, and I write like someone is. -.- I looked back and there are some things I cannot recall at all. And there's no way to check against either cos then it should have been the fall back part right. HAHA! What was I thinking, seriously. Anyway, so... I should share some positive stuff. :)

OH WELL... just when I thought birthday was over.
I have been meeting people and eating non-stop 2 weeks following the birthday (Birthday started on 11 Jun). And I'm almost dying from the food though I'm happy every single time with friends.



11 Jun: Korean bbq dinner at Star King, very full from the delicious meat.. Then cake spade just a few doors away. no chance to even digest a little more. Lol

12 Jun: Birthday!!! An unusual session of badminton in the morning cos there was court available. haha. Lunch at 216 market and went back home to prepare to go for picnic and kite flying. (which in the end I didn't fly the kite cos I was too tired and lazy :x) And then dinner at Bugis+'s 49 Seats. Well, all right. Had a great day still :D

13 Jun: JB in the aftn with Mr Cheng, KT and Jie En. It was quite a surprise (but also maybe I was the last resort. haha) Anyway, it was a full till brim trip. haha! Food, massage, Supermarket shopping, food again. Full till next day. And in fact, I was full the whole 2 weeks.

14 Jun: Dinner with SHE Minwei and Jizhen at Senmi Sushi. Love these girls ttm. Never a session with them was without lotsa food, laughter and fun. They totally had me with the dinner treat, the excuse to get something sweet which was supposed to be a cake I think but I was too full for it, and we got an ice-cream in the end. I only realised that when they pulled out a card filled with their wishes for me. My ever-most-thoughtful girls I have ever known in my life. I am super thankful for that. It was from them that I learnt that 'Giving' is the best thing you can do in life and I am so far behind them in this aspect. It's also from them I learnt to be a better friend, better co-worker, and a more truthful person.

15 Jun & 22 Jun: I made Wednesday the eat-at-home day for these 2 weeks because that's the only day I had left and I gave up badminton for that and also rejecting everything else. Because food at home is always the best (esp. when abalone was on the menu on 15th. haha) :)

16 Jun: Dinner with Tsumtsum party girls Novelle and Crystal. Hah! Finally had a go at Pepperoni. And then they insisted on treating me as well. Kind of miss the 3 of us sitting together for work (even though we were from diff dept), playing games (haha) and laughing at each other for silly things we do, and eat our snacks together.

17 Jun: Dinner with Sylvia and Melody. First time we met after Mel's wedding. Somehow I have this fate of being in groups of 3 hor? Haha! Ever since Primary school... many many times... and somehow I've also been through a lot of ups and downs with the other groups, which now I think about it, it was always my problem, and I never ever realised or admit. It's easy to leave someone out and somehow, I felt that it always happen to me (whether it is true or not actually I don't know, maybe I was just being sensitive), but of course these 2 never had me feeling this way, and similarly I never want them to feel this way. We have been friends too long for all these to happen now anyway. Blessed to have them. Wee Nam Kee Chicken Rice and Ah Chew (after failing to eat Kyushu Pancake) Friends whom I can be truthful with. Definitely important.

18 Jun: Lunch with supposedly all of the Royal Family, but Han admitted into hospital recently and was just discharged on the day we met. Hence, it was left with Yuhui, Kim +1, Jiale and I. Von was also missing, as always. Haha! Lunch at Shin Minori was chosen by Han but unfortunately... Enjoyable lunch if only I haven't had so much food the whole week. hahaha! But the sashimi was good I feel. I like. :)

19 Jun: A total stay at home day finally. HAHA! But dinner was for Daddy! Because we all love Daddy. Hence, dinner at Canton Paradise. :D So... continuation with Peking Duck, Roasted Pork and lotsa dim sum.

20 Jun: All right.... no good food. But also good to be like that. Salmon teriyaki don from umi sushi at tanjong pagar isn't too bad either. haha!

21 Jun: Dinner with Mr. Hong. Wanted to go to Cafe Melba but he refused. Hahaha! It was expected though. He had me at National Design Center's Tanuki Raw for dinner instead. Good food indeed cos I happen to see Cruz Teng having that stuff the same aftn at the other branch and also sister telling me about the food the next day back at home. And this Mr. insisted on paying as my birthday treat. (I offered to pay and immediately reproposed that I will treat him for his birthday instead. Heng his birthday haven't reach yet. haha)

22 Jun: Read up there.

23 Jun: JB again. HAHA. with Mr. Cheng, Jie En and Min Hui this time. Repeat after me: Food, Massage, Supermarket shopping, food. HAHAHA! This time with crabs! :D

24 Jun: Dinner with Via and Mel again cos we missed the pancake, remember? Heh! Excited for the new kid to join us next time. :D

25 Jun: Movie (Now You See Me 2), Cycling (Finally some exercising), and Dinner (!) at Atmosphere Bistro and Bar at ECP, and drinks at Starbucks. Oh my tian. haha!

26 Jun: FINALLY... i was home. Ironed one-month's worth of tops without having to repeat XD

And yes... that marks the end of the crazy June cos it's back to serious work and less meet-up and food time in July. :)

Thank you wonderful friends for the exceptionally wonderful Jun this year!





No comments: