Monday, April 09, 2012

iLight, iSee, iShoot. :)

Went to iLight Marina Bay 2012 on the last weekend of its exhibition.


Glad that I went, and it gave me some feeling of Vivid Sydney we went last year. And they are still doing it this year. If you are going to Sydney during this period please go to the festival. :) http://www.vividsydney.com/.

The only downside of the visit that day, was that, Earth Hour was also on that day, thus the site was all dark from 8.30-9.30pm. So we also stood in the dark for quite some time before everything got lit up again.

It's a nice walk through the installations though. Luckily the night wasn't too hot or cold. But the walk is so long we got rather tired at the end, and we still didn't finish all the installations before the lights are off at 11.30pm. (Supposed to be 11pm, think they extended due to Earth Hour).

Quite a few interesting installations along the way. The site is so far away long the whole coast of Sg river, from the floating platform to merlion park. (from the longer way). And so it's the first time I actually walk through the whole MBS (outside), to a park I've never been before, and go through the river bank before reach Fullerton Bayfront Hotel, where there were a few interestingly made white park benches, some which can't even be sat on, then back to Merlion Park. By right the merlion itself has one of the installations, but we were too late lah. So we walked back to city hall to take train home after that.

I say, a very worthy trip. Although I wished more friends joined me.


A few good photos taken also, was telling my friends how I used to take very lousy night pictures. Now I'm so much better that I have more photos in the attempts that are presentable. Haha.






For the rest of the photos... click HERE.

No comments: