Sunday, October 06, 2013

我愛台灣 (2013年版, 第二篇)

Yup, the anticipated trip since the friends started become closer in SYCO few years ago. It's a pity that those people have already left the orchestra for various reason. But still, I was still looking forward to it, because there's won't be anymore chance. HAHA!



It's not an easy trip to come by for this one. And I appreciate every effort. I would love to ask if this trip had happened last year or the year before, would it have been very different from what I have experienced? Answer is most probably! Why? The people, maybe the repertoire, the end result.




Well, my first and last ever with this orchestra. Although we feel skeptical about the trip, especially when we are not very prepared with the repertoires, even the concert in Sg wasn't perfect to start with. With no more extra practice at all before the trip. Quite exciting, but worrying too. HAHA!

I have to say that it was an awesome trip! Didn't start smoothly but ended with happiness all over. On the day of departure, we were stuck at the Changi Airport for 4h inside the departure hall, not even counting the time we arrived to check in. Reached around 9.30am for a 11.55am flight. But plane was delayed due to some technical faults on board. Waited and waited, at 1st told us to come back at a later time, so we went for some food first (I had a super awful tea at Killiney cafe), then told us we will have to change aircraft, at a later time. Free time again. So, to compensate, they gave us some snacks, then lunch vouchers, and then a foldable hand luggage when we board the plane at 3+pm. By the time we reached Taipei, it was already 7plus. Another 1+h bus ride to Hsinchu. By the time we checked in, it was way past 10pm. By then, we already had meals at the most awkward timings. HAHA! Lunch/Dinner on plane at 5pm? And we still have packed meals ordered from the hotel when we reach. Dinner/Supper at 11pm. But to my comfort, I got a super big room! :D


Roomie and I were delighted! Haha. 話說每輛車有兩間加大的房間,小女子不小心拿到了一間。Heh! And so, first day ended with just waiting for the flight and talking for a while (plus meeting for the cultural exchange for the next day). That's all.

2nd day is the ultra tiring and busy day. Started with walking to the performing venue. HAHA! Saw the Hsinchu Youth Chinese Orchestra rehearsing for their concert, plus the press conference happening after a while. They are really good. Have to say the kind of sound they produce is mature and harmonious. After which was our turn to perform, which I have to say, turned out a little fail. Not sure if it's because it was conveyed properly, but it seems like they weren't told of the 'exchange' part. But well, that was some awkward part. I hope it wasn't too bad.
Our concert venue / festival venue

Banner outside the venue. Nice!

Hsinchu Youth Chinese Orchestra rehearsing

We had lunch with some of the members at a nearby restaurant, it's weird as to not all the members are able to mingle with us during lunch. And it was quite chaotic because it's the first meal we had together and there wasn't a pre-arranged table groups. And we the gaohus were sitted with non-strings people, but with the shengs. Still we had a great lunch with one of their strings player sitting with us. Great sharing time.

Then it was rehearsal before the concert. Rehearsal was.... 不予置評. haha! I think we were not up to standard. period. Maybe everyone was tired, maybe we already forgot what we have performed, maybe it was the venue, maybe it was the time. There were so many maybes but I think we ought to do better. But in fact, I heard a small part of 春 recorded from backstage it sounded very decent. I don't know. And to be honest, I was very tired. I had to really use the break time to take a nap and go out to get some caffeine. But kids being kids, were very energetic, no matter how much anyone persuaded them to save some energy for the night, it was just ignored. Sighs.

The actual performance was, I feel a bit 差強人意, from my perspective, but we have very very very supportive audiences, which I was really very thankful for. They are so awesome, because we are a foreign group performing overseas for the first time and they showed us full support and cheered for us so loudly! Not sure if they are genuinely But I certainly miss playing 春夏秋冬. Definitely. It's a dream of many years in SY and we finally did it. With so many new members around and not a full strength, I'm proud that we did it. :)

It was quite exciting after concert too! We managed to quickly drop our things in the room and got out to get some food before the lights out. (seems like we were not supposed to, but we still did). Plus we met the S** staff along the way (seems like we were heading to the same place), I asked the hotel reception for some directions to the nearest night market, not even knowing what market it was. HAHA! And used some google map plus sense of direction to bring ourselves there. We eventually ended up at 城隍廟夜市, most of the shops were closed, but we still got some really nice food and had to fly back because of the room check. Mr. Quek was very sweet to keep coming out to check on us, if we ordered enough and had enough money. Very nice indeed, despite the shitty performance earlier. And we secretly gather again after the room check: to eat and talk. It was awesome. Lotsa laughter, gossips and 終極密碼 at the end.

The rest of the days were fun and more fun. I didn't take a lot of pictures, because I will remember the experiences. 維格 was our first stop back to Taipei. Interesting interactive stations. Didn't really buy anything from there but something quite funny happened there which was discovered some time into the rest of the trip and after we came back. Anyhows, we went to 自由廣場 (former 中正紀念堂) to see see walk walk, and in time to watch the guards change-over ceremony. Not exactly like what we saw the last time I went to 忠烈祠. Maybe it's a different formality procedure. Had some fun doing jump shots and walking around the National Theatre. Was trying to find an entrance to go in and take some pictures but it was all closed. :( I thought they would have opened for visiting, like our esplanade kind. But well, we were bound to go back for a recital at the concert hall the next day.

On our way to Taipei. Nice scenery in between naps. haha!

Me at 自由廣場

After that was checking-in to hotel and out for free time! Had great fun with my team of people, as we went to ****(Chinese words). HAHA! Cannot be named. But oh well, I think some might know though. :) Had some fun getting them to the station to get tokens, and leading the way to most things. And then we realised how 少爺 was Mr Chengjun. Haha! It was kind of crowded since it's a Friday. Some stuff happened, can't believe I got to use some coaxing on adults, but well, we were all back safe and sound lah of course. Unforgettable experience. One and only time btw. No more. We had to return to hotel by 11pm so yup, we did. Something happened that night to my roomie, that was something I felt bad for. I think nothing could make up for it, and I hope she's better and braver after that incident.

And I still shopped!!!! Omg. You know how jialat the shopaholic inside is working considering I was also there 1 month ago. I can only say, I gotten bags, which I didn't the last time. Okay, and a pair of shoes. HAHA! A tumbler, and a towel and probably some other things as well. Can't remember, but I remembered having some bags in my hands. Hehe. I think they rest are quite amazed by me too. Lol!

Tour guide was very very nice to help us order ChiaTe tarts and even went to help us collect it. Although I was the one who collected the orders plus payment, not sure if I coughed out any money on my own, but whatever lah. haha! At least I get my 鳳梨酥, 鳳黃酥 and 奶油酥餅. Heh.

Next day we went to 台北藝術大學. Quite an eye-opener. I will not say the facilities are the best, but I say the environment is really nice! Inspired me to go further my studies for a moment. Haha! I really wished I could, but I'm not exactly into performance studies, so maybe not. But I really liked the environment there. What a shame. Well, talking about this, I will share some other feelings in the next one perhaps.
The scenery from 北藝's library. Paranoma view. Nice right~

Vietnam traditional instrument. Super long. Like a sanxian, but longer.

Went to the Palace Museum in the afternoon after a very nice lunch, and celebrating the Fenghua's bday. He so cute. haha! Anyway that meal was really good, one of the best we had the whole trip. 2nd time to the museum. It's really big! We took so long to finish the whole place, rather, we actually didn't finish the whole place. And the little nephew WeiHrng too cute already. haha! Good thing was we had the guided tour this time round.

Paranoma view of the palace museum. Super big.


Then was the torturous recital concert at night. I really hoped we were watching some concert from the festival instead. HAHA! Or some more free time. I think 20% was a safe gauge for the no. of people who stayed awake. Tried and failed most of the time. And I did stay awake in the 2nd half. (Yes, there's even interval in a solo recital). Not to mention that we can't really hear a thing from the back of the 300-400 seater studio, (except for some parts he strike the high note and louder volume), he speaks too much in between each piece and too leisurely as if we are all his friends or family. It is so retarded really.

Anyway we did another trip to the night market because they close at 2am! :) We suggested that the roomie and the coconut's roomie shared the room instead. So that we don't have to disturb them since there's only 1 key. Went to the night market with many many people, people from the other hotel came too. :D Shopped again. Erps. Can't remember if I bought anything actually. haha! Anyhows, little did we know that the 2 girls were actually in their room all night long. Mr Jian brought them to the other hotel and they tonned all the way till morning, went for breakfast over there and came back to get ready for departure. We only knew when I knocked on their door in the morning to ask them if they want to go for breakfast together. Breakfast at hotel wasn't fantastic (we tried on the first day). So we decided to eat out! at KFC. HAHA! Their service is damn good, funny thing was, we were chatting while seated, some man told us that it's a restaurant; not a 會議室, which means to say, ask us to keep quiet. Tsk! He was reading newspaper by the way. But fine, we are not locals and maybe that's their kind of culture. We tried to lower down our volumes, while making fun of the statement. Should have told him it's not a 圖書館. LOL! But anyhows, there were other tourist who came after us and were chatting also. (Well, that's quite normal right? How do you expect a fastfood restaurant to be in total silence with customers?) So the man left after a while. Hohoho!

Ahhh.... The moment we dreaded most was coming. We are heading back home. And then, Mr Jian and his roomie actually went back to their room and felt asleep. LOL!

Spoke of our experience for the trip on the way to the airport. Have to say 我很不爭氣的掉了眼淚,因為沒有心理準備啦!I could have controlled myself better. Haha! Good thing I was sitting in front of most of the people. I couldn't stand it when some of them thanked me, which I didn't think I did much, especially for my roomie. I could only make it up with a bar of candy. :/

And so, we ended the trip. And it wasn't all. I was down for Sept concert. haha!

Adding to the stitch collection from this trip! :D

The people who made the trip so much fun. :)

Really glad that I had the chance to interact more with the people whom I have known for years in SY and yet didn't really get close with. That's probably the best take-away from the trip, other than the performance experience. :) Love my section! HAHA! :D




No comments: