Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Great Albums, Great Musicians, Great Music

Bought and listened to quite a few new albums lately. And all of them are local productions? haha.

Yup. I'm in favor of purchasing and supporting local singers, local productions. :) From 雨季, Fried Rice Paradise, Cinderel-Lah!, 请你告诉他 (Instrumental renditions of 梁文福's works) to JJ's 她说 and Kit Chan's 重译. They are all great works. Great great works.

I can't say which one I loved more. HAHA. Probably the last 2 are top of the list. Kit Chan's album is the latest I've got and it's on repeat in itunes at my work desk since (as long as i'm not listening to the radio). And I got to say, I love the cantonese numbers! And they can't be played on the radio. Aww... All of them nice leh! Somehow i think that the english numbers are nicer too. Oops. It goes to show that she's good for everything. Haha! :) Btw, 重译 means a 重新演绎.. re-interpretation. Thus, all the songs are ready. And she does the re-interpretation. The songs are all classics man. And the way she sang the songs, omg, so nice! I'm totally immersed in her voice. :)))

JJ's 她說.. is unfortunately, also a new renditions of songs. Just that they are all his past works. Songs that he wrote for other female singers. So ya, get the idea of the topic of 她說 yea? But I love the only new song in the album, i.e. the title of the album, music and lyrics by him and Stefanie Sun respectively. Nice song! :) The rest of the songs... Some i'm more in favor. Some less. Anyhows, some of the songs really sound so different from the original. And i didn't really know that those songs are written by him. HAHA. Oops. (Just as i'm typing this and watching 星光, 魏如昀 is singing that song. HAHA. I nv liked her, but i LOVE the song! :D) Few songs that i liked in the album: 她说, 心墙, 我不住的他, 一生的爱, 记得. Yup! :D

The rest are more of Musical OST. I LOVE THEM OF COS. Each has its own shine. Super like. And i'm still listening to them on and off now. Fav: Any song that is sang by Sebastian Tan. Not just that his voice is nice, the song is nice too. Esp. the ones in Fried Rice Paradise. Taufik was good in the CD too.. Most of them are really nice!! I still enjoy listening to it now. Fried... frieeed... frieeeddd rice. HAHA! :D And 請你告訴她 is like a long time fav. Love the whole scenic story that is portrayed in the song. The 3 part singing is so perfect. Others songs in December Rain is like LOVE! <3. Cinderle-Lah! is slightly less outstanding than the other 2. It's more family and cheerful, which has its good points too. I keep laughing at the ugly sisters' part. HAHA! And the sri-lankan crab part.

YAY. I'm super looking forward to the Concert!!!!!!!! JJ's Concert.. And hopefully Kit is going to have another concert, full length concert! :D

No comments: