Tuesday, March 09, 2010

OCBC Cycle 2010 - I survived

Alarm goes off at 4am of 7 March 2010.
(Actually i turned it off and only woke up at the alarm from my sis' phone. LOL!)

Soon we are on our way in a cab to the F1-pit. Reached there slightly before 5am, waited for the rest to arrive and went to get our bike. My first instinct was, bike quality is not bad, looks new, better than those we usually rent at ECP. The whole bike is rather new with the better kind of gear control grip and rather new seat too. Just that. it's really hard.

Flag-off for 40km was at 6am. But by 5.45am, a lot of bikers have already gathered at the starting point ready for the race while we were still having our drinks and food from Starbucks counter. Oh at least we had something before going off.

Good thing the weather was really good. And probably cos it's very early in the morning. No sun yet. Feels damn good cycling. Sometimes i feel myself going too fast but every other second another person overtakes me! Haha. Stopped once to have a drink. That's all. Some motivators really did their job well and it does make a difference. :D The fast riders too give me some motivation to go faster. And that's probably why we finished the whole race much earlier than we expected of ourselves.


Yea. Quite proud of myself. haha! Maybe my category got lesser ppl. Women 19-24years old. Haha!

All of us after the race. Too tired to stand up to take photo.. but then all ready to go for out breakfast! HAHA!


My bib no. and medal. Heard last year's medal was gold. This year is silver. Like downgraded. hahaha!

Ya.. That's all. Looking forward to the next! :D

No comments: