Saturday, August 29, 2009

New job. new life.

Haven't updated for a long time... Had a lot of things to do...

Started new work like 2 weeks ago... So far so good... but i know stress will be coming up. esp when boss is coming back next week. Office's been rather quiet without all the big bosses ard. But i guess this is really the last honeymoon period. Today Mr Quek asked if i like my new job. honestly. i didn't have an ans for him. Perhaps i haven't really feel the job yet. i dunno but it just feels weird working ard ppl whom i've known for quite some time. it could be an awkward feeling... Sometimes it's just better to start afresh.

Colleagues... can't say much abt them... Firstly. i do not know all of them yet. and well. they didn't even bother to know who am i. even just ppl ard me. Ha. But i felt quite happy today to have some colleagues from other dept talking to me.. and not really abt work. There are actually very nice ppl ard and some not-so-nice ppl ard. haha.

For my dept... i think my other 2 colleagues are also very very busy with all the upcoming concerts... that the first few days i was totally neglected and was left to do things on my own. Honestly... i have no idea what i was supposed to do... The gradually i got more things done.. and done properly. Today is like one of the most busy day i had since joining.

And i think it's too much for me to handle such a big project. one of the biggest. I was asked to do Season Booklet! Like.. what? And i have to start from scratch... cos there's isn't a protocol to follow. i have to see from the past what they did. and boss says that whatever the work schedule was like in the past was not sufficient. she wants details... one of my colleague has experience doing season booklet for once... and it was too slow. they want to push forward. And omg. it's really a nightmare. I can't believe that i am trusted with this task. But that's probably becos there are no other ppl in the dept already. But i'm also quite interested to know what could i come out with at the end of the day. it's really a test of my ability. A strong learning opportunity for me.

No, i dun think i'm planning to stay long in this company. Maybe unless i could try other dept. something i like to do... but i dun think so. It is not my dream to work here forever. i want to venture into other aspect of arts... not just CO. So ya.

I dunno when i will be looking for a new job... since this one is only temp. And i dun think they will convert me to perm. or at least not yet... and hopefully i already didn't screw up the season booklet. But i want to thank my friends and other colleagues/teachers who are giving me encouragement. :)

No comments: