Monday, January 07, 2013

Looking back to 2012

If I had to recall some things in 2012, the first would be that I didn't even finish my summary of 2011 post! HAHA! it's still there as a draft. But I tell myself, I have to finish this one on 2012.

2012 has been a rather eventful year, with some ups and downs in my life. Well, probably more downs but I have to say that it was better than 2011 at least and I hope it (my life) will only get better.



Sometimes I surprise myself for the kind of money I bear to spend on.

Tickets for 2012: 2 tickets were missing, thus 27 shows. It means half my whole year's weekend was watching concert or show of some sort.
Actually I think it wasn't the most I can go, but probably the most amount of money spent. Extreme left row was all the pop concerts I went, pricing range from $71 (only 1) to $154.20. There were lesser musicals as compared to the previous year(s). Only Wicked (which I watched the 2nd time), and 老九, which the ticket was missing, I don't where it has gone to. The others were the usual CO (mostly SCO obviously) and the rare school concerts I attend nowadays. Haha! But 1 remarkable one was Sarah Chang's Four Seasons with SSO, she's so good!

Favourite concert? It's a difficult decision. I can't decide whether it's Amei's AMeiZing, Lee Hom's Music Man II, Soda Green, Wicked, or Sarah Chang, or the SCO's. I can only say, I felt my money worth for most of them, 90% at least? HAHA! okay, 95%. There's prob only 1 or 2 which I was a bit sian-ed.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to more awesome concerts in 2013, like AMeiZing Encore, SCO's Butterfly Lover featuring Lü Siqing and Song Fei. And hopefully some nice musicals this year please! 

2nd half of 2012 I went on 3 trips, which were mostly awesome, with just some small matters in between. But I'm grateful for the trips which had made working life much more bearable. A little break is really what I would ask for. 

Every year I say this: I wished to stay in my job again, at least for another year or 2. I have to say that I left the previous job with quite a heavy heart, with some feelings that can't be described. I never ever expected I might leave the company feeling that way. But I wouldn't say anything about it. I know there's not much of a job advancement here but I hope I can at least know more about the area I have never touched in my studies and previous work and daily life. I'm actually glad to be doing something different from the past and that the people I'm working with are different as well. But it doesn't mean the people I'm dealing with now is easy, but well, differently difficult. haha! The good thing is I met really good colleagues. Everyone in the office is nice, probably because they are all teachers, they are easy-going people and people who you can easily talk to. And they took care of us so much, it's so good to feel loved in office (never felt that before), and this is not solely on the basis that I received so many xmas gifts, though partially. Haha!

Being someone whom treasure friends very much, I'm happy to say I managed to meet quite a number of friends in 2012, though not all, and though not very often, except for my usual group of friends. Primary school friends were the hardest because somehow people are not as enthu and there bound to have some glitches somewhere whenever we try to organise 1, and we end up with the same no. of people only. and weirdly, not with my closest friends in rss. Well, these are close friends as well, but not entirely because we were close in rss. HAHA very hard to explain. 

Met up with my nyjcco peeps as well. The thing about this group is that I'm probably the only one who doesn't see any of them often, since the guys are besties and the other 2 girls are also besties. Sometimes I don't even know where I stand and it's more like I wanna meet them, thus me organising the meet up most of the time? I know, that's actually quite weird, I'm not quite outgoing, but mostly the person to arrange all the outings. Ever since I left primary school, I was the only coordinating all the meet ups since. 

The only group I don't have to worry is the royals, they will always have some kind of sudden surge of meet ups whereby half of the time I can't make it, and they make me guilty for not being able to comply with their timing. But it's ok, seriously I'm used to it, and I don't mind them making negative remarks about it. Because I have a more wonderful life full of other events. Okay, just joking. I appreciate the effort to do all the research for good food and going to different places every time. But sometimes it's too frequent until I will think if they have other friends. Sometimes I'm afraid that I'm the only one who doesn't treat the group as my most important friends in my life. And they are really not, I have to say. But I'm happy to say I met them more times in 2012 than the past years. HAHA! :D

Ever since I changed my job in late August, I have also officially stopped teaching both erhu and violin, which is something I have some regrets on. Because I have a few students whom I really wished I could continue teaching, at least see one of the erhu students to grading exam. but I couldn't and that was really sad. Actually I could, but that would be too tiring really. 

During my trip to Beijing, I also learnt that I have a little health problem, and thus I'm going to sleep now, to rest my body so that I don't put my liver into danger. And it's the first time we spent money to get medicine to try to change for the better, so I'm not gonna waste it and hope it gets better!

Lastly, it wasn't the End of the World on 21st Dec 2012, thus we all have to continue to live and continue to work, eat, play and sleep (+study for students). Well, we actually never knew when the day will come, maybe soon, maybe later, maybe never. But we got to live it to the fullest. Well, it's all just talk, I won't. But I'll try. And continue to blog! :)

No comments: