Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love


Haven't really been reading much. Until lately i utilised the remaining vouchers from my friends last year. Cos they are expiring by my bday this year. haha! And with the discount from Friends of SCO card at Kinokuniya, I'm able to purchase quite a no. of books from there! (Finally something useful from the FSCO card) lol.

So Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is one book I've been wanting to read anyway. And it's really a good one. The writer full of humor and her way of writing. Interesting stuff she experiences and I really admire her for her guts in the traveling. I wish I have the ability and the chance to do that kind of traveling in future.

It's basically abt her visit to Italy, India and Indonesia (Bali) to seek for pleasure, god and balance. And it was her trying to heal herself from the mess she'd just gotten out of back in New York. Talked abt the ppl she met on the way, how they have affected her life from then on.

The 2nd section is quite on the spiritual journey of hers. I'm not a religious nor spiritual person, but the experience she illustrated was so extensive. So focused yet funny at times. Not boring at all.

While i was looking a picture of the book online, i found a website on the book! By the author herself! Click here to go there. :) And sad to find out that one of the friends she met along the way has already passed away. One funny person.

If u wanna read the book, can find me. But probably after my sis has read it. haha.

No comments: