Friday, December 02, 2011

Sister's Big Day! :)

Finally my sister is officially married! After all the engagement, ROM and finally the custom ceremonies over the past 2 years.

It's quite fun but tiring having a family member getting married. Why didn't my eldest sister get married leh? And I've met so many people I haven't met for a long long time. Okay, let's start from the morning.



Woke up at 6+am. I think it's considered late for some customs. So anyhows, waited for the rest of the jie-meis and my aunt to come and help us with our dress. We took turns to get ourselves arranged and then helped with the games set up. Apparently all of us turned out quite well! :)



And my sis was really busy with the make-up and hairdo while we waited for the bridegroom to come. They were so late!! Okay, partly the videographer's fault. He's doing too many artistic stuff and refused to get the guys up until he's done. And we were left with very limited time. Plus, we already took out one of the games because we reckon there wasn't enough time. But there's quite a few fun ones. Anyhows, at the end of the day I think we got more than what they intended to give us. Nice. :)

Then it's traveling here and there to complete the routine. A lot and sweat and laughter. And we were quite behind time. Because the videographer did a lot of shooting at the couple's home. So the rest of us were lepaking in the living room and worrying about the time. Finally they were done and we were like really late.

I got a shock when I got home. The house is filled with people, most of them we didn't see before we left. And all our uncles and aunts from both sides came! Usually during new year, the maternal side comes in the morning and the paternal side comes at night. Now they are all here at the same time. Just imagine the crowd at home. Didn't even have a place to go. And so I continue to collect all the angbaos after tea being served to the elders.

And then it was my turn. The first time I ever address Royston korkor as Jie-fu. Hahah! It's kinda awkward. Okay, not at the moment, but it feels awkward to really address him as that. Haha! Okay I'll try.

After everything, we started packing up and had to go to the hotel already because we ended really late. And I didn't even have time to have any lunch. Merely 2 cupcakes and a small bowl of tausuan. And we were off. And just when I thought I have some time at the hotel, I realised we didn't even bring my dress which was at my sis' place. How forgetful of us. So I had to trouble sis' god-brother to send me back (in the bridal car) to get it and come back to the hotel. And unfortunately it started raining really heavily. I feel bad for the newly-polished car. At least we got back earlier than we expected. And then the next hiccup whereby the cable I had wasn't compatible to their projector. So the rehearsal took longer than we expected. By the time I get up to the room to change, it was almost 7 and I was totally in t-shirt and shorts and no make-up nor hairdo yet. I feel like dying man. And no food! -.-

But all right, everything was done chop chop, luckily I'm not the really total dress-up plus complicated make-up and hairdo kind. So we were down at 7.15pm so that she wouldn't waste the instant prints that they hired. And thankfully there were quite a lot of photos taken.

Yup. Practically everyone I saw that night say that they were looking for me the moment they reached (esp. my mum's friends) and said I grow up a lot and become prettier. Lol! Seriously I felt a little 受宠若惊 by them. But well, these are what people always say. And they watch me grow up leh! Still, I was kind of happy and very chatty whole night. I'm like doing a PR job, chatting to all my friends, my mum's friends, families, sis' friends.

Since I'm doing the audio co-ordination for both the march-ins, I was at my laptop both times. The first march-in, I totally touched until I tear. Omg. I don't know, the feeling just came to me. I think I was very excited and happy too, that's why. Anyway they marched in to Dreams Come True by Michaelangelo and Jasmin Cruz. Apparently, it's the song specially written for Prince William's wedding. And it's quite romantic lah anyway. :)

And so I continued to be my social butterfly for the rest of the night, though not forgetting my food. I was super hungry, remember? And got to stand-by for 2nd march in also. I'm glad my sis only had 2 march-ins. She didn't want so much hassle also. I like the way they did the 2nd march in! They marched in to Bruno Mars' Just The Way You Are, and my sis practically tried to skip in with her hubby hand in hand. Very light-hearted and happy! Cool.

And my sis damn zai when comes to photo-taking. Ahem, 51 tables to take, definitely not easy. And they did it damn fast, rejecting all the drinks, only strictly taking photos. I don't know, my sis didn't even try to act 淑女. LOL! But she's still gorgeously pretty of course. :D

The highlight was actually the video on the morning highlights. Omg, must give credit to the videographer because it was really very well done. Very great ideas and angles and technology, whatever. Just that it came a tat bit late, it could only be played near the end of the banquet. Still, I love every moment of the video.

You can watch the video here.



Ended the day by just coming back to sleep after having some cake in the room. Maxed out for the day. Pomp and Zzzz. Heh!

PS: Photos will be added when I finally get them. I didn't take much anyways. :(

No comments: