Sunday, April 11, 2010

New things to do

I've gotten a new task just on fri. I was a bit shocked to hear from them so quickly. In the first place, i was quite surprised that the female boss talked to me for so long and i already believed that i will be given the job.

Anyway, not to keep you in further suspense, I'm going to teach violin in a music school. I think it might sound cool to some ppl, sounds cool to me too! Not until u hear the rest. Though the place is far (either yishun or west coast plaza), i don't find really find it a problem actually.

And so, I'm going to start next fri, or earlier if a make-up class for a student is required. Just 2 days ago i went down to observe the lesson which i will be taking over. 2 altogether, but 1 student didn't come, so i only saw 1. But trust me, it is almost enough to make me think of how i should teach her. According to her mother, she has some illness when she was younger, but all right, that wasn't really the problem. She is a little over active, plus very talkative. haha! She argued with the teacher regarding fingering!

From what the previous teacher said, she learned violin in school, probably went through a few teachers who teaches differently. She can't recognise the physical notes although she can play. (she can only recognise ABCD). So we double up as a theory teacher as well. She has quite an opinion of her own. So, we always complain our music lessons in school to be so boring. Now they let the students play different instrument. Yet, what is the disadvantage? They didn't even teach the students properly. I saw that she didn't even hold the bow properly. Oh, we have too much to complain. haha.

Ok. That was problem 1.

Then again, the other kid is quite similar as well. Playful and can even bargain what he wants to do in the lesson. Hmm.. What's wrong with kids nowadays really. I think the hard time is to discipline them and make them learn what they do not like.

Yup. That was problem 2.

With these 2 problems, it's a challenge already. I've nv taught anyone violin before. I hope i don't freak out when the lesson really starts. Then i thought why i was given these 2 students from the previous teacher. Reason? haha! I don't want to know anymore. Anyway, I don't call this work, i call this testing myself! Good luck to me!

No comments: